I broke up with my best friend, does it make me a bad person?


Sometimes I really wondered which of my relationships are real; strong enough to survive the test of time or to last forever.  I was always sure it was ours. You and me, friends for really long, so much mutual love that we could make our men jealous. I held you with a lot of respect and you made me feel safe: it's like you will always be there; Like, I am a bird who flies across the sky and you were my nest. 

So why did I leave? 


Life span of any friendship is not short. Unlike human body friendship gets strong with time. It can start growing hollow inside. Ours wasn’t the hollow one. Ours did not die a slow death. Our friendship started seeing its end when you started judging me. When you wouldn’t let me grow and change into better person because it doesn’t fit into your definition of me.  I am a bird I can make nests anywhere, but you started mistaking my integrity to be my weakness. I left


And why did I not come back? 


I don’t feel safe with you anymore. 

Comments

Popular Posts